viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2014

Why I'm studing (and now leaving) geography


Well, to say the truth I didn’t choose Geography as a career because I’ve always wanted to be a geographer or something like that. When I was in high school I was in the physics-mathematic class, I’ve always been good with numbers and really enjoyed physics and maths so that was my option at that time (And maybe study Engineering D: ) . When the time to decide “what to do with my life” arrived I wasn’t really sure about what to do. My first option was Geophysics because I thought it would be fun, but I was also honest with myself I realized that I didn’t want to give my life in trying to get to the Engineering School at Universidad de Chile and to stay there four years of my life- It’s well known that engineers don’t have a good life while studying and that doesn’t suit me.

So I took geography as my alternative to do something similar, and maybe after that I’d do something to be closer to geophysics… And here I am, studying geography… At the beginning I really enjoyed what geography is, I like it because it covers many areas that other subjects doesn’t, and it gives you a different way to see the thing happening in the world.

At the beginning my intention was to be the best so I could try a career in the investigation field, but when the time passed I realized that I didn’t wanted to do that, so I tried to convince myself to continue with geography and see what happens until I ended the career. There aren’t many things in studying geography that I dislike- except of the stress during the end of each semester, but what I didn’t like much was the part after graduating: being a real geographer. I think it’s not as fun as I would like it to be, and I think that I could do something more entertaining with my life  -I’m not saying that you geographer life is going to be boring, but for myself it is.

So I’m not going to graduate as a geographer ever, ever, in my life, and I decided to try something funnier: I want to be a fashion designer! It sounds too distant from what I’m doing now, and it is xD but it’s something that I’ve always enjoyed, and that I’ve been trying to let just as a hobby,  but… what’s better than doing your best hobby as your future job for the rest of your life? Well, at least, I think there’s nothing better than that c:  



I'm going to be a Barbie Fashionista, and Mattel will have to make a bald and "fat" Barbie for me c: -  we're all fat next to a Barbie

2 comentarios:

  1. The stress during the end of each semester is part of it. It happened because we is finishing a fase to pass a new fase.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. WOW! What a change! I wish you luck in your new task. :)

    ResponderEliminar